Welcome to Youth & Family Ministry!
Looking to support our kiddos on Sunday mornings? We're making room for more volunteers to teach and assist in classrooms. Want to know more? Contact Dr. Julie Connor, Youth & Family Ministry Coordinator, to learn more.
Class Ages & Meeting Times
10am - Nursery, Unitots, & Children, Uniteens & Y.O.U. meet
- Nursery - Infants and toddlers through age 5
- Unikids - 1st - 5th grades
- Uniteens - 6th - 8th grades
- Y.O.U. (Youth of Unity) - High school
Our nursery is staffed by several loving individuals each Sunday. Each Sunday typically features a story and a simple craft or art project for the children to enjoy.
Children - Unitots and ChildrenIn a typical week after checking your children into their classrooms, they spend ten minutes in fellowship and pre-session crafts. Our lessons then begin with a time of meditation, which is followed by a story and discussion of the spiritual lessons presented in the story. Frequently these stories are from “The Children’s Illustrated Bible” which presents the material in more of a storybook form. Our children are then lead through a creative experiential based activity that allows them to express and experience the lesson on a personal level. It is our goal in youth and family to create unique and one of a kind experiences that mirror the lessons our adults are learning in the sanctuary on Sunday mornings!
Uniteens participate in discussion, crafts, games and meditation every Sunday during the 10 a.m. service. This group explores spiritual truths in a safe and age appropriate environment. They have the opportunity to connect with other teens and to take the ideas and spiritual principles shared and see how they can incorporate them into their lives. Bible and metaphysics are explored and self expression is encouraged. Our Uniteens are also actively involved in both service to the church and supportive community building activities (such as lock-ins and camp-outs) as they grow through their middle school years.
This classroom is staffed by 1 to 3 sponsors each week. The group meets every Sunday during the 10 a.m. service. The focus of our Y.O.U. chapter is on assisting the teens in developing leadership skills and encouraging them to have an active role in the classroom experience. It is a classroom that is student led, adult guided. This age group uses their understanding of the Bible and Truth principles to discuss and look deeper into the issues and concerns that they encounter each day. This is a very active ministry. They support one another and enjoy many opportunities to explore their spirituality through social outings, social service projects and other events. Opportunities to attend sub-regional events, regional retreats and rallies are offered throughout the year. Click here for more information about upcoming regional youth of unity (Y.O.U.) events and to register.
Youth & Family Video
Youth Sunday service
Unity provides a strong spiritual foundation for children’s lives. Unity:
- Beholds all children as whole and perfect expressions of God
- Empowers children to fulfill their divine potential
- Teaches children to meditate and pray
- Invites children to experience a loving God
Youth & Family Vision Statement - The children of our world live from a fundamental awareness of God’s indwelling presence and unending love.
- All parents/guardians are required to sign their children in (Nursery through 5th grade) each Sunday and all must have a registration form on file.
- At the conclusion of the adult Sunday service, the children join the adults in the sanctuary for a closing experience.
- Once the Sunday service has ended the children are guided back to the classroom and parents/guardians are required to pick them up immediately following the service and to sign them out.
- All staff and volunteers have undergone background checks.