7 to 9 p.m., Wednesdays, January 9 and 23, February 6 and 20, March 6 and 20
With Cindy Siemers
Sage-ing® is a wisdom- and contribution-based approach to focusing on the importance of the stories, experiences and lessons accumulated throughout the journey of our lives. Sage-ing® evolved from Native American traditions that value respect and experience and teach members of a community how to cultivate wisdom in the second half of their life and pass it on to future generations.
In the 6-session wisdom series, participants will learn how to:
• Harvest wisdom and transmit it as a legacy to future generations.
• Examine the myths of aging and affirm the elder years.
• Connect with one’s inner wisdom through growth techniques of psychology and spirituality.
• Nourish ourselves physically, emotionally, mentally, socially and spiritually.
• Look at the past as a ‘life review’ and ‘life repair’ with the wisdom of what we know now.
• Understand that forgiveness is a gift we give ourselves.
• Create peace of mind by doing the legal, medical, fiscal and spiritual preparation as a way of facing one’s mortality.
• Identify ways for Elders to serve as mentors and healers in society.
• Develop one’s own vision of self as an Elder.
Suggested Love Offering: $10 per session
Cindy Siemers, a longtime member of Unity Church of Overland Park, is a certified Sage-ing® leader at Sage-ing® International (www.sage-ing.org). She is a Licensed Master Social Worker whose practice focuses on aging issues and spirituality in the second half of life. Cindy is also a regression therapist and energy healing practitioner. Her passion is to synthesize wisdom from Eastern traditions with Western teachings to invoke a paradigm shift from Aging to Sage-ing®.
Click here to register.