Membership at Unity Church of Overland Park offers you the opportunity to grow in Spirit. As you pursue your spiritual path we encourage you to explore what it means to be committed to living universal truths. Membership in Unity is not required, but is encouraged as a way for an individual to commit to his or her own spiritual growth. Active members attend services regularly, participate in events, invest their time in service to our spiritual community, attend classes and contribute their financial gifts to Unity Church of Overland Park.
Why consider membership?
- Becoming a member confirms to you and your spiritual community that you are committed to living a life of love, abundance and meaning. It affirms a sense of commitment to personal spiritual growth, ownership of your individual beliefs and a willingness to make a difference.
- Membership in Unity Church of Overland Park helps to transform any old feelings of “not belonging.” Many of us arrive at Unity from other traditions having searched for a place where we feel at home. Embracing membership affirms, “I belong!”
- Committing to membership is a public affirmation that says “I walk my talk” setting a example for others in living a positive life.
- Only members can participate in voting on important church matters.
- You become a part of the growing group of people who are living consciously and actively making a difference in the world.
Join Rev. Keri King in exploring Unity's five basic principles based on the book, "The Five Principles" by Ellen Debenport. This is a five week class offered after church on Sundays from 11:30am to 1:00pm and is a prerequisite to membership at UCOP. It is also open to anyone interested in deepening their understanding of the practical application of Unity Principles to their everyday life. These classes are offered two or three times a year and the membership culminates with a sacred blessing from our spiritual community during our celebration service on Membership Sunday.
To become a member, attendance is required at all five classes for additional information, please contact Rev. Keri King at firstname.lastname@example.org.