Our classrooms are filled with loving volunteers who are dedicated to guiding the children and teens in their individual journey’s of spiritual self discovery. Our teachers and assistants are passionate about Unity principles and the future of our church, the Unity movement and our world. Download the volunteer application here.
There are a variety of ways to be of service in our Youth & Family Ministry. Below is a list of our current openings.
The Process of Becoming a Classroom Teacher or Assistant
- Review the teacher/leader/sponsor responsibilities in our YFM Teacher Handbook
- Fill out the application and return it to the Youth Coordinator.
- Schedule an informal interview
- Schedule time to shadow current youth and family volunteers
- Must have attended Unity Church of Overland Park for at least 3 months
- Must practice Unity principles in your daily life
- Must be willing to make a 6 month commitment to the programs
- Must be available to teach a class at least 2 Sundays a month
- Must be willing to undergo a background check
- 3 and 4 year olds